How many grams of sugar do you eat every day?
Do you even know? Do you often eat prepackaged foods? The maximum grams of sugar suggested for women is 25 grams - trust me, this adds up quickly. Have you looked at the grams of sugar in an innocent graham cracker? I was regularly snacking on these “wholesome” treats and unbeknown to me, racking up the grahams of sugar. And, the sad thing is — my preference is chocolate. I was waisting my sugar budget on bland graham crackers.
Harmful Effects of Too Much Sugar
Heart disease, raise blood pressure, increase chronic inflammation, fatty liver disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer, addiction, increased cholesterol — this was just from two articles I read! I did not have to dive deep to learn exactly how bad sugar is for our bodies
Read your labels (this is sugar)
- brown sugar
- corn sweetener
- corn syrup
- fruit juice concentrates
- high-fructose corn syrup
- invert sugar
- malt sugar
- syrup sugar molecules ending in "ose" (dextrose, fructose, glucose, lactose, maltose, sucrose).
None of these sound like things I want in my life — how about you?
Some ideas I collected this week that might be helpful:
- Plan & prepare healthy snacks for the day (fruit, veggies, nuts) and have them on hand to prevent a run to your sugary habit.
- Continue drinking water to keep energy levels up.
- Journal your feelings to figure out if you are using sugar for emotional reasons. Are you aware of your emotional triggers?
- Change your mindset from "I deserve a treat" due to the day I had to "I nourish my body". Reward yourself with a bubble bath, getting a manicure, visiting a friend, take a walk/hike, enjoy your hobby for a few minutes, call a friend.
- Write down when, where, why you indulged in sugar.
- Remember the 80/20 rule -- eating well 80% of the time, and enjoying your indulgence 20% of the time.
- Try some of the Young Living products that are calming and help with relaxation: Peace & Calming, Dill Essential Oil, Purification Essential Oil, Acceptance, Bergamot, Lavender, Orange, Lemon, Roman Chamomile, Valerian, Copaiba, Yland Ylang, Frankincense,
- Try some of the wonderful Young Living Products: Juvaflex, Ningxia Red, Slique line, 5 Day Nutritive Cleanse