Do you drink enough water?
I thought I did until I started measuring my daily intake. The recommended amount of water we often hear is 64 ounces or 8 glasses per day. Another recommended amount I recently have been hearing is 1/2 your weight in ounces. Well, I was below both of those measures. I’ve learned that teas (herbal, white, and green) can be added to your daily intake — as long as they are not sweetened. Fruits and vegetables provide hydration also.
How much water do you drink on a daily basis?
Last week I enlisted the help of my Facebook Friends to hold me accountable for increasing my water — their comments and ideas were a great inspiration — so much so that I increased my water above the above recommended amounts all week. Thank you!
So why should we be drinking water?
- Our bodies are 60% water and staying hydrated is key for many functions of our bodies (digestion, kidney function& body temperature, just to name a few)
- Helps control water (and maybe helps us lose weight)
- Muscle fuel
- Clearer skin (including decreasing the appearance of wrinkles)
- Reduces fatigue
- Promotes clearer thinking
Here are the tips I collected from friends last week
- Infuse your water with fruits and vegetables (lemon, orange, watermelon, grapefruit, lime, cucumber)
- Buy 8 oz plastic water bottles - they are easy to chug (not too great for our environment though)
- Drink 8 ounces each time you brush your teeth
- Find your favorite large water (20-64 ounces) bottle and refill it often
- Put alarms on your phone to remind you to take a drink
- Find an app which makes it fun to track your water
- Get a seltzer making machine and use it
- Drink sparkling water
- Chase each glass of wine with a glass of water
- Cherish every ounce
I like to infuse my water with Young Living Vitality Essential oils (in a glass or metal water bottle). This past week I made peppermint lemon tea using my Young Living Vitality Oils to replace my afternoon coffee. I do have to admit that I have felt more energized and have slept great all week, and the potential of reducing wrinkles is an added benefit as I turn 56 this month.
Some nice Young Living Vitality Oils to add to your water (using a glass or metal container)
- Lemon Vitality
- Tangerine Vitality
- Orange Vitality
- Grapefruit Vitality
- Peppermint Vitality
How much water are you drinking on a regular basis and what helpful tips do you have? Please post in the comments so we all can learn from each other on how to be healthier today so we can enjoy our tomorrows!
Next week we are doing a Sugar Buster challenge. Do you have ideas on how to reduce your daily sugar intake? Connect with me on Facebook (Bonnie Perisho-Ottaviani) to hold me accountable.
I am not a medical professional and do not prescribe or treat -- passionate about living and sharing how to live health today so we can enjoy our tomorrows.